The Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce that 2013 marks 65 years that the Chamber has been serving the needs of the business community in Whitehorse.
Chamber activities include the following:
- Preferred merchant rates through TD Canada Trust to its members.
- Group Insurance Plan through the Canadian Chamber of Commerce to its members.
- Lobbied both the municipal and Territorial governments on behalf of the business community.
- Represented small business interests on various committees and stakeholders groups including:
- City of Whitehorse Downtown Planning Committee
- Land Development Committee Yukon Government
- Stakeholders Advisory Committee of the WCB
- Highway Signs
- Economic Development
- Partnering For Success
- Business Training Fund
- SME Training and Development
- Business Service Manager
The Chamber is also involved in networking opportunities which include:
- Business After Hours.
- Luncheons and Breakfast meetins with stakeholder groups in each sector of our economy.
- The Weekly E-Bulletin sent via e-mail to our members.
The Chamber also offers our members reduced advertising rates in the Yukon News.
Marketing initiatives were heavily focused this year on gaining exposure for Whitehorse outside of the Yukon. The Chamber refers tourists and residents to local businesses and responds to questions and concerns directed to our office.
If you have any questions about Whitehorse or the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce please continue to browse our website.