"Opportunity is What We Do!"
Challenge Disability Resource Group (DRG) is a non-profit that has been a fixture in the Whitehorse community for over 40 years. The people that we serve live with mental illness, developmental disabilities or experience various other barriers to employment. At Challenge DRG we strive to provide person-centred support with the goal that each client gains a sense of independence.
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives every day? Are you motivated, energetic, and a problem solver? Are you up for a challenge and to make the lives of others better?
This position supervises the day to day activities of the Residential Supported Independent Living Workers and provides targeted and structured support to individual clients with disabilities. The incumbent also works closely with Case Managers and other community agencies and resources in the provision and coordination of these services to enable clients to live as independently as possible in the community. This position manages the day to day operations of the residence building and is responsible for generating reports.
We are seeking skilled and dedicated individuals to work as part of our Challenge Team, to lead our team of talented and dedicated staff who provide services to high-risk clients You will work within a team of other service providers in an effort to foster healthy life skills development for residents.
Please clearly demonstrate your experience in the following areas:
- Degree/diploma or experience in science, health sciences, or related field.
- Experience in a leadership position
- Ability to work in a four on five off shift rotation
- Respond to changeable, and sometimes volatile, behaviours utilizing non-violent communication and diffusing techniques.
- Use effective interpersonal skills to communicate complex and sensitive information
- Ability to attend and occasionally lead staff meetings
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maintain positive professional boundaries
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Commitment to quality, client safety, and risk management initiatives
- Implementing case plans
- Experience working collaboratively within a dynamic team environment, and the ability to follow instructions from your team manager
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (listening, written, verbal)
- Good crisis management skills
- Solid commitment to ethical practice
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Dependability is essential to this position
- Experience providing personal care an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Class 5 Yukon Driver's License (Learners Licence does not apply)
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance
- TB Test
- Drivers Abstract (insurable)