The Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce is proud to represent close to 500 businesses and organizations in the Yukon and is the only accredited Chamber of Commerce in all of Northern Canada to have received the chamber accreditation of Canada's five star accreditation rating, recognizing our chamber as being one of the top 10% of all of Canadian chambers.
An important part of the Chamber’s mandate is to advocate for the business community to all levels of government. The WCC has representation on boards and committees to ensure the business perspective is included in decision-making processes - presenting business perspectives on issues such as procurement, land development and housing issues, City of Whitehorse waste management, City budgeting processes, property tax, economic development initiatives to make Whitehorse more business friendly and downtown parking, to name a few.
The Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce has developed partnerships with a number of associations, as well as with a variety of Yukon Government departments to represent the interests of the business community. We respond to phone calls and drop-ins, to answer questions and to connect people with your business.
Chamber Membership Benefits
- Advocacy at all levels of government
- Business support and resource sharing
- Business to business connections
- SME Training and Development Program
- Yukon Business Development (YBDP) Program
Direct Member Benefits
- Business After Hours events and other networking opportunities
- Buy Local Program
- Yukoner Appreciation Day
- Business of the Month feature
- Ongoing Buy Local campaign
- Group Insurance Benefits Plan operated by Yukon Benefits
Member Rates on:
- ADP Payroll Services: members get 25% off payroll support and HR management services
- First Data: members get preferred rates on the electronic processing of VISA, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards. Introducing Clover Flex
- Lenovo: members get up to 30% off the public web price of Lenovo’s entire product line
- UPS: members get up to 40% off shipments and freight services within North America and worldwide
Plus discounted rates on:
- Events and conferences
- Advertising on monthly newsletter, website and social media
- Planter Box & Urban Visitor Signage (UVS) Program
- Advertising on YuWin job board
We are here to help you if and when you need it. When a business joins the Chamber they can learn about issues that affect business, and add their voice to the Chamber’s efforts to address them. Equally important is that the Chamber can support you on the issues that concern your business. We are much stronger if we stand together, working together works.