For the past several years the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce has partnered with Challenge Disability Resource Group and the City of Whitehorse to organize and facilitate the Planter Box Program. The Planter Box Program is a popular program that operates annually from June until the beginning of September (weather permitting).
The Planter Box Program helps beautify the city of Whitehorse by greatly adding to the aesthetic value of our city and are appreciated by residents and visitors alike. Many people in years past have commented on how the planter boxes make a huge contribution to the beauty of the downtown core.
Businesses pay a one-time fee and are then permitted to place weatherproof signs on the planter boxes in a manner that does not detract from the beauty of the boxes. The planter boxes are distributed throughout the downtown core and businesses can reserve their spot(s) beginning in April of the current year.
- The program runs from mid-June until the middle of September (weather permitting).
- The business chooses (up to two boxes), what type of box (rectangular or corner) and the location of the planter box(es) they wish to place an advertisement, some restrictions apply. If space remains available, businesses may sign up for up to two more boxes.
- Whitehorse Chamber members will be given first choice, but the program is open to all Whitehorse businesses. Planter boxes will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Signage may be placed on one or all sides of the planter boxes, but sign size is limited to a maximum size of 25"wide and 30"high on corner boxes and 37”L x 15”H on rectangular boxes. As long as they are in good condition, signs from previous years may be used.
- The Chamber will notify businesses prior to the delivery of the planter boxes and we ask that the business clearly mark their desired delivery location(s).
- The City of Whitehorse donates the manpower and equipment to deliver and remove the planter boxes. Putting up and taking down signage on the boxes; however, is the responsibility of the business.
- The fees to reserve your planter box(es) are payable to the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce and are due prior to delivery, otherwise you will “lose” your planter box, at which time it will be made available for another business.
If you have any question about the program, please contact Andrei Samson, Program Manager at [email protected] or call (867) 667-7545.